Thursday, April 21, 2016

Are You Video Marketing?

So, after listening to one experienced internet marketer or guru after another, I get the point - if you're not creating and posting videos to promote your business, you're falling way behind those who are actually succeeding online.

How about you? Have you started with video marketing? Want an easy way to do it?

A couple of days ago - and after four excruciating hours of working on it - I managed to create my first "Nervous Nellie' promotional video for a program I recently joined. To make it, I discovered a cool site where you can create good quality videos and photo snapshots. You can then download them to Google Drive, Dropbox, or your computer. It's a pretty basic tool, but its simplicity made it easy to shoot one video after another until I had one I liked. You hit the save button and download it to any location you want and you're done. The video recording site http://webcamera.io/  is only one app from a collection of apps at http://123apps.com/ - every one of which is just as simple and just as useful. If you've never shot a video before or just want a fast basic way to record your own marketing videos, 123Apps and Webcam.io are what you want.

Oh, and did I mention it's completely free to use? That pretty much makes it a no-brainer.

So, now my first video is out there doing the hard work of bringing me leads to one of my businesses. It's my first and I can't help but fear it's not good enough to do the job. Shoot one or more of your own, and you're likely to be just as anxious about it/them as I am. The anxiety is natural and I have a plan to overcome it.

Word to the wise? No matter how you feel about it, leave it alone for at least a week. Get comfortable living with doubt. Doubt - mostly of the irrational kind - is what kept you from making your own videos up until now, and it's doubt that will keep you from making another and another unless you get used to the feeling and can learn to ignore it or at least turn it into a more reasonable kind.

So, here's my first video. I committed myself to making one new video a week. I plan to leave the first one alone, but I'm also learning from what I like and don't like about it which all but guarantees the next one will be a bit better. Just click the pic below to have a look ...


I hope you'll share your own videos here when they're complete. There won't be any judgment at all. It might just encourage others to do the same. Until then ...

Cheers!

-- R.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment